Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for . . .

At the urging of Lisa Alzo, here is my list of things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving.

1.  That I'm still here, despite my deteriorating health!  And along with this, I'm thankful for top-notch doctors taking care of me!

2.  A functioning brain that is being well-exercised.

3.  A husband I would readily nominate for best in the world, for giving me the chance to be all I can be.  He's been supportive of all my hare-brained schemes, and even is suggesting more!  (That's because I keep him entertained.)

4.  Terrific daughters, a fine son-in-law, and a silly grandson.

5.  Great and caring professors at one of the smallest great universities in the country.

6.  St. Augustine, Florida, and all the people of the Second Spanish Period, with whom I have become fascinated.

7.  An ability with words which has permitted me to write two books which have been given solidly good reviews.

8.  Having had the opportunity to serve my country (in the Coast Guard).

9.  A cozy little house with a state forest for a back yard.

10.  The flexibility to have been able to deal with the changes in direction my life has taken.

11.  All y'all, as we say in the South.
.

No comments: