Wednesday, April 25, 2018

#TheBookofMe - Combining March and April

I've been out of town on business and fun.  The business:  attending the roll-out celebration in Washington, D.C. of the website LaFlorida: The Interactive Digital Archive of the Americas, and researching at the Florida State Archives in original documents for data for the LaFlorida site.  The fun:  A reunion of the women who were my housemates in a scholarship house at Florida State University in the 1960s.

So I have let my blog entries slide, and now I'm going to take a page out of the book of Carol A. Bowen Stevens's blog and combine the remaining March prompts with April's, and get it all done.  Fortunately, the prompts lend themselves very well to this treatment.

March:

What is something you would like to change, or something you wish had changed?

For one, I would wish my husband, when he decided to go back to college in the 1970s, had chosen computer science rather than getting a teaching certificate.  He would have been much happier.  For another, I wish we hadn't run into hard times and had to sell the house we loved and enjoyed living in, and which would have been paid off in 2010.

What are your favorite things?  Books.  Music (clasical, show tunes, world music, bluegrass, real country music).  Kitties and doggies.

What frightens you?

Tornadoes.  Idiot drivers.  Category 4 and 5 hurricanes.

Using adjectives, describe yourself.

Plain-spoken.  Casual.  Friendly.  Curious.  Intelligent.  Funny.  Stubborn.  Liberal.

What do you think are your essentials in life?

Beyond food, shelter, and clothing:  Books.  Music.  Family.  Friends.

What are your challenges?

Procrastination!  My health (not much left of it).  Impatience.

Are you right or left handed, and does that reflect you?

Right-handed.  Reflect me?  Not sure I understand that fully, but I would say no.  It's genetic, that's all.  Except maybe to say that right-handers are usually left-brained and left-handers are right-brained, so as a right-hander, that means I'm not in my right mind.  (But people know that about me, anyway, bwahahahahahaaaa!)

Describe something you created.

I'll let  Amazon.com describe it for me.

So now I'm ready for May's prompts!

No comments: