Sunday, June 10, 2018

#TheBookofMe How do you relax and unwind?

Or, as my daughters would say, how do I unlax and rewind?

Playing computer games.  I play a variety of games.  When something has really irritated me, I play Diablo III, because I can blow away demons with great satisfaction.  My daughters and I have an expression for playing Diablo III to blow off steam:  We say, "I'm going to go kill things."  When I'm mellower, I play less violent games.  However, game play can be frustrating in its own way, for the first rule of gaming is "The game always cheats."  (And let's note that when I say "gaming," I mean playing compter or role-playing games.  When Las Vegas and other places I have no wish to go use the word "gaming," they should be using the word "gambling."  They're just trying to make that practice sound innocuous, which it is not.  Here endeth the editorial.)

Interacting with family.  It's fun to go places with my daughters, son-in-law, grandson, and my husband.  We do fun things and/or eat good food.  Or just sitting and talking with them.  Humor plays a big part in our interactions.  We love to laugh.

Taking a nap.  At my age, taking a nap is nearly mandatory.  It sure does help, most of the time.

Reading.  Other things have kept me from reading as much as I like to and as much as I should.  I have a very long To-Read Queue (TRQ).  But I enjoy it.

Playing with or petting our cat.  It is said that petting a cat (or a dog) lowers your blood pressure.  Certainly, when I pet Gabriela, it lowers her blood pressure.  That cat knows how to mellow out.  She also knows how to play, and her favorite toy is a 6' length of string.  She plays with that only under supervision, and she really goes after it.  She also likes "the red dot" (laser pointer).

Listening to music.  And when I say "music," I mean music.  Classical, show tunes, bluegrass, world music, jazz.


No comments: