Sunday, June 28, 2009

Greetings, SCGS Jamboree!

As a transplanted Southern Californian (my mother kept the "southern" in the family, but it applies to Florida now), I want to say that I hope y'all (that's southern-speak for "you guys") will have a great time at the Jamboree!

What got me started in Genealogical blogging is something y'all might want to check out: the Black Sheep Sunday meme on Geneabloggers. On the mailing list of the International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists (IBSSG), to which I belong, one member mentioned the other memes Thomas has on his site (Madness Monday, Tombstone Tuesday, and Wordless Wednesday), and proposed the Black Sheep Sunday entry. So I thought, "Why not?" And here I am.

My name is Karen Packard Rhodes, and I blog about whatever comes to hand (or mind), in connection with genealogy in some way. So my blog isn't really classifiable as a craft blog or a surname history blog or a methodology blog or anything else. I bounce from pillar to post, discussing whatever seems meet and right at the time.

I completed, with distinction, the 40-course program of study devised by the National Institute for Genealogical Studies in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and administered as online courses by the Professional Learning Centre, Faculty for Information Studies, University of Toronto. I am also currently working on a second bachelor's degree, this one in Spanish and History, at the University of North Florida. I am a genealogical speaker and writer.

So that is me in a nutshell -- where my family will tell you I belong. Again, I hope y'all have a great time at the conference.

No comments: