Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Satisfying Moments

Once again, it's time for Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, Randy Seaver's gift to bleary-eyed late-night (or early-morning) bloggers who haven't the foggiest idea what to say today. Here are the rules:

For today's SNGF, if you choose to participate (cue the Mission Impossible music!), please:

1) Tell us about one (or more) "Satisfying Genealogy Moments" from your family history and genealogy research. What was it, and how did it make you feel? You can make a Top Ten list if you want to!

2) Write your own blog post, or make a comment on this post, or make a comment on Facebook, and tell us about your "moment in time."

He's basing this, as he reveals in his blog (let the FTC take note . . .), on Leland Meitzler's Top 10 List. I have some really good ones, I think, so here's my top 10:

10. Learning more about my father through genealogical research.
9. Entering the genealogical blogosphere and finding such fine folks in it.
8. Going back to college to sharpen skills to use in genealogical work, and learning new ones.
7. Joining an active genealogy society.
6. Scrapbooking my family heritage.
5. Becoming a genealogical speaker.
4. Finding cousins on my father's side living in Quebec, Canada.
3. Finding a cousin on my mother's side sitting right in my Spanish class!
2. Getting close to having a book on Florida census research published.
1. Finding my maternal grandmother, or at least her final resting place.

How do I feel about these? They have left me by turns astonished, elated, satisfied, pleased, proud, happy, delighted, excited, and intrigued.
.

No comments: