Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reports of my demise . . .

. . . are grossly exaggerated.  I apologize for not posting for quite a while, but it's been a madhouse.

Various family things have occurred, including a stay in the hospital for my husband.  He's home now and doing fine.

Classes started last week, and I missed the first day because of the abovementioned unscheduled stay.  But I'm getting back into it, and of course, I have a lot of reading to do.

Then there's my research project.  I haven't got as far as I wanted, but I have a few items that I think might make for a promising journal article and presentation, which I am required to do as part of the package.  I probably will not be terribly active blogging this term, and I regret that.  Priorities must be set.

I will try to keep the blog going but it will be minimal at least until Christmas.  Then I hope I can be more active at it after the first of the year.

In the meantime, let me recommend that you stretch your mind with Michael John Neill's Daily Genealogy Transcriber .  He invites everyone to try their hand at interpreting the day's sample.  (Shucks -- he beat me to the idea!)
. 
 
 

No comments: